Friday, November 21, 2008

Tangled Up in the Roots.

Life is all about perspective.  I wish I could remember that.  To you and me on the ground, a redwood tree is a massive roadblock to get around. To a soaring eagle it's a fine place for a rest stop.  I get so caught up in my little problems sometimes that I forget what they really are.  They are opportunities to focus on God.  All I see, as I belly ache and moan, is this "gigantic" issue in my life.  After I'm over it, I realize that it was a chance to grow and make me stronger.  I usually get caught up trying to get myself out of some sticky situation, always forgetting that I can't push over a redwood.  What I should be recognizing is that maybe it's a time to take a rest and watch what God will do. So instead of whining and crying, getting the vapors, and losing sleep, I will try to step back, rest and see what God can do. Stop kicking the roots and look at the sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! It's like your blog got a sudden, violent case of explosive diarrhea! Nice.

All very good stuff. Keep it comin'!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.