Friday, November 21, 2008

Trains and Dinosaurs. Deep thoughts

As I sit here in front of the computer, I can hear the sound of a little town being destroyed by a dinosaur.  Those kind of things happen when two of a little boy's loves collide.  Trains and Dinosaurs. My son really knows how to find time for it all.  He can weave a classic tale with Spiderman, Lions, Thomas the Train and Sharp tooth, the green dinosaur.  And all is well in his little world.  But in my little world, I can seldom seem to balance all of my favorite things.  If I am being super dad, maybe I am not working hard enough, or I am working long hours, maybe my spiritual life suffers (imagine that in my line of work).  Or yet still,sometimes I forget to show my wife how much she means to me. Why can't I get it all together?  I guess that I forget what my son usually remembers.  When Dad is near by, everything else falls into place.  I don't mean to brag, but I am one of my little boy's favorite people.  Somewhere at the top with Mommy and Spiderman.  We won't discuss order.  And for some reason, when he knows that I am close by, he can just go about his business and not worry at all.  He checks in and ask me to watch him sometimes and at just the right time he tells me he loves me or invites me to play with him.  I wish I could get my act together like my three year old.  I forget to focus on my Father in heaven and stay close by.  So when things get a little busy I lose control from time to time. Every now and again (frequently) I need to stop and tell my Father that I love him and spend a little time with him.  And always, always, stay close by.   

No comments: